Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I know that it has been a while....

Hello there...

WOW! it has been a while since I have blogged! I couldn't make up my mind where I would land...

I'm totally a blog junkie so the problem I have is if I'm going to blog I want to at least attempt to be as interesting as all the blogs I stalk on a regular basis... :)

I know that one main factor for me will be to learn how to download PICTURES. For some reason I don't have that down yet...

Believe it or not I'm not a complete computer idiot.

I will work on the picture thing and get it down hopefully within a week.

There are so many things that have went on at the Lautner house since the last time that I blogged... Don't worry I won't bore you with all the details I will just highlight some of the finer moments in this crazy thing we call life...

Let me see...

Marty got gastric bypass surgery in April - WOW that was much bigger then I could of ever imagined. He is doing very well he has lost almost 70 pounds in 6 weeks.

I started my own healthier way of living and have lost 47.5 since March. I use a spreadsheet to log all my calories and food intake and Marty weighs me in every Tuesday. I think that in itself is enough to make me stick to it...

I also quit smoking again!!! This time it has been a month of pure smoke free goodness!!! I hope that this time I can stick to it. I really like not smoking, it's hard but I do feel better when I don't smoke!!

I joined a Happy Mail group on 2 Peas and that has been a blast... Thank you Staci for the referral.
My Partner Beth ROCKS!! She is DA BOMB!!!!

I had a B-day this month and anyone that knows me, knows how important that day is to me... BLAME my mom people... She always had a B-day week when we were growing up and that made me think that I could too.... I love it...

Marty was very good to me this year he got me a totally cool present and spoiled my for the whole weekend... ( He bought me a laptop..) I'm so in love!!- with the laptop- It is awesome. I'm still in the process of getting all my software and files transferred over. I also need to figure out how to network our printer. Then I should be good to go. I thought I was doing good to get it set up with wireless... Thank you Lori!! She ROCKS... What would all us Scrappin Whores ( inside Joke) hope I didn't offend anyone... Do with out her!!!!!

Okay I guess I should bounce for now... ( that's a new slang word that the little interns at work taught me) Just trying to remain cool and keep up with the lingo.... :)


Oh, one last thing... May I just say that My mom and I took classes with Caroline Lau one of the owners of Maya Roads on Saturday... If you ever get the chance I highly recommend that you take a class with her... She is a wonderful teacher and the classes were so much more then I thought they would be. She is AWESOME!!! We had the best time and we really learned alot from her..

I guess that's about it for now... Until next time!
Carla

2 comments:

Staci Compher said...

Wow!! Congrats Carla on the 47lbs!!! you inspire me girl!! I am so glad that you're back bloggin' again....and can't wait till you get pics.....are you croppin' saturday at Scrappy Chic?
Staci

Anonymous said...

WOW, 47 lbs is amazing and you did this on your own?? Please share

As for the Jersey shore...it can be fun depending on where you go but it can be sleezy too. No matter where you go it's expensive down there. I'm only like 40 minutes from the shore so we do go.
Now that you're blogging, I'll add you to my list.

Now when you're making a post...there's little icons...1stly make sure you're not on the HTML screen (upper right hand corner of where you are blogging) next scroll along those icons and towards the right end there is a colored one and it's an add image. Click on it, another window will open, you can add up to 5 images per upload (*I can only upload 4 without getting an erro) and then you click browse and then browse your pc where you keep your photos. I keep mine in my pictures under my documents and then I scroll thru my folders and select my photos and it's that simple, you can do it.