Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Birthday update...

I guess it's been a while since I have posted. I know that sometimes I'm a bad blogger... The truth is it just seems like everything has been non-stop lately!

June has been crazy busy for us. I'm so glad that it is almost over.

I did promise details about my 40th Birthday party... I'm so lucky to have a great husband and wonderful friends.

They had a surprise party for me that they totally out did themselves on. My mom and I spent the day at the spa.. and I came home to about 35 people yelling surprise!

All my girlfriends went in and bought me a Tiffany Charm Bracelet with charms.. I also received another charm and gift certificates. That was so sweet!!! I love it so much!!!

Marty bought me a new wedding band and I received numerous other thoughtful gifts from Friends and Family.

Despite everything that has been so hard on me these last 5 months. I am doing pretty well.

Fathers Day was a pretty hard day. But I made it through... I still feel empty more then not and I feel alone and angry.

Boomer is doing very well with out Brandi. He still misses her, as we all do. But he is adjusting. He is starting to get a long better with the puppies. Josie is such a little sassy girl that I can't help but smile when she does things!
Turbo is a little bit more puppy then I thought he was... Lucky he's just so darn cute, I think that's what helped him make the cut in the first place.

I will post some updated pictures of the kids next time. I still don't think Boomer will be ready to have his picture taking with them but I will try!

I sure do miss my girl, but these little puppies help ease that pain a little bit each day.

Carla

3 comments:

Alison said...

Carla, I'm stealing the comment you put on Sandi's blog and recycling it back to you...I'm sending good thoughts your way! I know you and Miki are attending a funeral this week and I'm sorry to hear about it. Take care!

Jenny said...

Hi Carla: The puppies are just adorable! So sorry about Brandi, though. I do not look forward to that day with my love. He jumps into bed with me in the mornings after Mike's alarm goes off. So cute...

Jenny said...

Carla: How was the family reunion? I bet Miki had fun... See you later, we're off to Wyoming. Mike in assless chaps, maybe?