Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gastric Bypass Surgery....

Yes, can you believe it... With everything else that has went on in my life latly I took a leap of faith and invested in myself.

I hope that everything continues to improve on a daily basis, like it has thus far. My Surgery was 2-12-2008 and I have to say I feel pretty good so far.

I mean the first couple days were a blur... I slept quite a bit... I never even watched my T.V. at the clinic. If I wasn't sleeping I was walking!

Wow I will say that I'm glad to feel like a person again... It's still a little slow moving and going but I feel good...
I'm so blessed with my friends... I know that it's truly unique to have such great girlfriends in your life... Hopefully I'm just as good to them!!

Thank you Erin for dropping everything and coming to this side of the state to spend time with me... I know that it isn't easy getting someone to be with the kiddo's... It meant so much to have you here.
Thank you Tesh for spending Friday with me... I love you!!
Thank you Miki for coming and spending last Saturday with me... I love me flowers... But the BOMB pops - Sugar Free of course were the best present ever.... I love you!!

My mom and Marty spent the whole first day with me while I slept... Dawn, Scott and the girls paid me a visit - again, I was sleeping... Ant brought the boys to visit me. I think Justin and Kamron felt a little better to see that I was okay.

Thank you Jeneice, Staci and Sandi - For the cards to let me know that I was on your mind. That means so much to me.

Thank you Heather for understanding that I needed to do this for me and being there for me...

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and calls and the check-ins...

Please keep me and my family in your prayers as we continue to learn how to go on without my Dad.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Carla...I am so happy for you! Such a huge decision to make but I am so glad you are making yourself a priority. I have contemplated the surgery myself...I have battled with my weight my whole life. It is inspiring to hear that someone I know has taken that brave step. I am here for support if you need it (although it sounds like you have a pretty great support team already). Take care :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to get an update...finally! We were wondering if you'd really had the surgery, or if you and Marty ran off to some place tropical!!!!

Keep us all informed.

Lori & Sandi